[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add Show/Show2 instances for :/\: (and 3 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat May 31 10:21:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 03:08:49PM +0000, E.Y.Kow at brighton.ac.uk wrote:
> I thought I might re-send Ian's non-conflictor patches.
>
> Wed Apr 30 01:11:12 BST 2008  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>   * Add Show/Show2 instances for :/\:
>
> Thu May 29 02:52:02 BST 2008  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>   * Make an undefined a bit more informative

I've applied these first two.

> Thu May 29 02:53:09 BST 2008  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>   * Make Darcs.Patch.Unit export a runnable main

I see no reason for this patch.  Why not just use our existing driver
program?

> Thu May 29 12:49:52 BST 2008  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
>   * Handle exceptions in the unit tests

This looks like a regression to me.  When we fail with an exception,
quickcheck 2 catches this exception and displays it along with the input
that triggered the exception.  I can only imagine that somehow Ian is not
using quickcheck 2, but it seems like in that case he must be doing
something unusual in order to compile his unit tests... in any case,
catching these exceptions is the wrong thing to do.

David