[darcs-users] Reasons to delay upgrading

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Fri Nov 7 00:07:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Nathan Gray wrote:

> 5.  The upgrade path needs to account for multiple copies of a
> repository.
>
> We have about fifteen copies of our main repo, holding patches from
> various stages of development and deployment (no two copies of the
> repo are identical).

I believe the correct procedure here is to pull them all into a central
repo temporarily, do the conversion, then make converted versions of the
original repos by pulling the relevant patches from the converted central
repo. I don't know if anyone's done anything to automate this, though.

Also, if you can't merge all the repos because of exponential merging,
then you're out of luck :-(

Ganesh