[darcs-users] sad news and steady changes

Florent Becker florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
Fri Nov 7 10:22:40 UTC 2008

zooko wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2008, at 13:22 PM, Eric Kow wrote:
>
>>> 1.  Temporarily revert the behavior of creating darcs-2-format
>>> repositories by default, until after the next stable release.
>> This kind of behavioural ping-pong is harmful for everybody,
>> developers
>> and users alike, and we should avoid it when possible.
>
> Ah, when I suggested that I had forgotten that the darcs-2.1.0
> release already creates darcs-2-format repositories by default.
>
> I see why you say that it is too late to change that for trunk then.

It would be a good idea to have a section of the wiki devoted
to .darcs/defaults example files. One of them could be a darcs-1
compatibility file that has
initialize old-format
so that people who are worried with compatibility can use that. It would not
be perfect, but it might alleviate some fears.

Florent