[darcs-users] Darcs 2 Binary on Solaris/SPARC?

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 05:31:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:53 AM, zooko <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2008, at 16:46 PM, Elliott Slaughter wrote:
>

>> Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks in advance.
>>

> Well, as an interim measure you should just use the darcs-1.0.8 binary that
> is already available.  I think it will serve nicely for all your current
> needs.

Right, already done ;-)

Next, please ask some GHC hackers what is wrong with the Solaris/SPARC GHC
> binary.  I believe Solaris is supposed to support both 32-bit and 64-bit
> executables on the 64-bit platform, so you shouldn't need a different GHC
> binary just because you have a 64-bit platform.

Just did, and apparently there is a bug in ncurses 5.6 which breaks GHC.
Using an earlier version fixed the problem.

Finally, volunteer to operate a buildbot on your Solaris/SPARC machine.  :-)

Unfortunately, it's not actually my machine to offer :-(

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere." - Frank
Herbert