[darcs-users] announcing darcs 2.1.0pre3

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Thu Oct 2 19:19:46 UTC 2008

Eric Kow wrote:
> * New Feature: Hide 'Ignore-this:' lines which will be generated by future
>   versions of darcs to prevent patch-id collisions. (issue1102, Eric Kow,
>   David Roundy)

Quick thought, and possibly a goofy bike shed issue that isn't worth
changing this late in the game, but since we've decided to go ahead and
have darcs hide the line in the user interface, maybe we should go ahead
and rename it from "Ignore-this:" to something more semantically
meaningful when it shows up in .dpatch-es.  For instance, "Patch-salt:"
would provide more information about what that field is and why the UI
hides it but it is contained in the patches.  Or maybe something even
more generic, for instance "Hidden:", if there are plans to use these
hidden fields for other purposes such as third party patch metadata (or
user metadata).

By the way, with the way the behavior works in pre3, if I add an
"Ignore-this:" line of my own anywhere in the long description, does it
also become invisible in the darcs UI?

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net