[darcs-users] darcs patch: haddockification of Printer

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Oct 2 22:05:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 18:00:52 -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 09:54:53PM +0200, Florent Becker wrote:
> > +-- | 'invisiblePrinter' is the 'Printer' for invisible text. It just replaces the
> > +-- document with 'empty'.
>
> This isn't accurate.  Invisible text is sometimes printed, it's just
> not printed to the screen.  If it were always empty, it wouldn't be
> very useful.  I could grep the code and figure out how this works, but
> that's what you're doing, right?

I'll just take this opportunity to trot out
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/DarcsInternals
and specifically
  http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-devel/2007-November/006441.html
(which may itself be inaccurate)

I am really heartened to see the progress we're making spreading the
understanding of darcs internals!  Honest mistakes are really good for
us; they give us a chance to spread knowledge in delicate places :-D