[darcs-users] perl library convenience copies in tests/lib

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 08:16:36 UTC 2008

Currently tests/lib/perl contains a bunch of perl modules that, I
suspect, are all available via apt and CPAN.  If that's the case, they
constitute "convenience copies" -- they save the user the hassle of
downloading those libraries separately.

While performing an audit of copyright and license declarations on the
codebase, I noticed that there's a huge number of slightly different
copyright and license declarations in these perl modules.  Documenting
these in the debian/copyright file (part of the Debian integration) is
tedious and bloats the debian/copyright file considerably.

Therefore, I'd like these convenience copies to just be deleted from the
codebase.  Those people who run the tests can simply use apt or whatever,
just like they already need to do for quickcheck2 and haskell
dependencies of the tests.

Does anyone have an opinion on the proposed course of action (rm -r
tests/lib)?