[darcs-users] darcs patch: Move merging_newlines test to bugs and a... (and 3 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:48:49 UTC 2008

Sat Oct  4 14:57:24 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Move merging_newlines test to bugs and add a simpler version.

  There are two issues I noticed when converting this Perl test into
  shell.  This test was passing, but I made some mistakes translating it,
  and in doing so, noticed two potential bugs.

  The first is a potentially hidden conflict.  If we start from
  a file
    from temp1
    <EOF>
  And then it seems that a change which adds an empty line should
  conflict with a change that adds a line with content.

  The second is that if you do omit the newline, as the original
  test does,
    from temp1<EOF>
  you get some strange-looking changes, namely that appending a
  line to this yields two addline changes and not one.

Sat Oct  4 15:54:45 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Move non-date-matching code out of match.pl
  The goal is to minimise and eventually eliminate our use of Perl
  for regression tests.

Sat Oct  4 17:38:50 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Translate some more Perl tests into shell.
  Shell equivalents already exist for these particular tests,
  but they may not do the same thing.

Sat Oct  4 17:41:56 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Translate some more Perl tests into shell.