[darcs-users] darcs patch: Move merging_newlines test to bugs and a... (and 4 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 20:23:48 UTC 2008

This is an amended version of an earlier bundle with similar
patches.

Note that we only have 6 Perl tests left to translate!

I'm not sure if the merging_newlines stuff below really is
a bug, but better safe than sorry.

Sat Oct  4 14:57:24 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Move merging_newlines test to bugs and add a simpler version.

  There are two issues I noticed when converting this Perl test into
  shell.  This test was passing, but I made some mistakes translating it,
  and in doing so, noticed two potential bugs.

  The first is a potentially hidden conflict.  If we start from
  a file
    from temp1
    <EOF>
  And then it seems that a change which adds an empty line should
  conflict with a change that adds a line with content.

  The second is that if you do omit the newline, as the original
  test does,
    from temp1<EOF>
  you get some strange-looking changes, namely that appending a
  line to this yields two addline changes and not one.

Sat Oct  4 15:54:45 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Move non-date-matching code out of match.pl
  The goal is to minimise and eventually eliminate our use of Perl
  for regression tests.

Sat Oct  4 17:38:50 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Translate some more Perl tests into shell.
  Shell equivalents already exist for these particular tests,
  but they may not do the same thing.

Sat Oct  4 21:16:32 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Translate some more Perl tests into shell.

Sat Oct  4 21:21:39 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Add a toolbox.sh to tests
  Like template.sh, this is not a real test, but just helper
  code for writing tests.  The toolbox just provides a single
  place you can go to look up how to do things.