[darcs-users] darcs patch: Move merging_newlines test to bugs and a... (and 4 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Oct 4 22:39:08 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is an amended version of an earlier bundle with similar
> patches.
>
> Note that we only have 6 Perl tests left to translate!
>
> I'm not sure if the merging_newlines stuff below really is
> a bug, but better safe than sorry.

No, I'm pretty certain it's not a bug.  When darcs doesn't do what you
expect, that isn't in itself a bug.  In this case, there are two
newlines after your previous line, and darcs has the freedom to decide
which of those is the new one.  It decides in such a way that there
isn't a conflict.

I expect I'll apply most of these without review (on the principle
that I'm lazy and busy, and no one wants to review tests).

David