[darcs-users] darcs patch: Translate some Perl bugs into shell. (and 2 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 09:26:58 UTC 2008

Sun Oct  5 09:41:57 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Translate some Perl bugs into shell.

Sun Oct  5 09:50:31 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Translate merging_newlines bug into shell and restore bug context.

  This used to be a TODO item at the end of the merging_newlines
  test, but when it was moved out, the actions required to set up
  a bug were forgotten.  This patch restores those actions.

Sun Oct  5 10:01:56 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Hopefully fix issue595 test on Solaris.

  I'm not entirely clear on what is causing this to fail.
  The basic test is:
    mkdir -p restrictive/liberal
    chmod 111 restrictive
    cd restrictive/liberal
    darcs get

  This is apparantly known to fail under Solaris.  The original Perl test
  claims it's because you can't cd into restrictive/liberal, but the shell
  variant seems to manage fine.  In any case, I think this touch file
  check is simpler.