[darcs-users] darcs patch: Do not use Perl test harness. (and 3 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 09:31:54 UTC 2008

Hi David,

This bundle consolidates our testing infrastructure to only using the
shell harness.

Mark: if you're reading this, I wanted to thank you for all the hard work
if you've put into setting up the Perl testing infrastructure.  It had some
really cool features, but I think that our preference for simpler tests
and simpler infrastructure outweighs our desire for features.  The recent
licensing issues and Windows buildbot issues were basically just piling on
that extra bit of motivation to go ahead and make this change.  Anyway,
thanks again!  I hope to see lots of nice shell tests from you (and hey
hopefully some darcs code?) in the future.

Sun Oct  5 10:09:03 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Do not use Perl test harness.

Sun Oct  5 10:09:21 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Remove Perl test harness and convenience copies.

Sun Oct  5 10:11:31 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Revise test documentation to reflect consolidation to shell tests.

Sun Oct  5 10:24:16 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Simplify testing in makefile.