[darcs-users] darcs patch: resolve issue864: check non-force replace against pending (and 2 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Oct 5 13:57:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 15:44:47 +0200, Tommy Pettersson wrote:
> Issue 864 requests that a behavior from 1.0.9 is restored in
> 2.1.0. I believe the behavior in 1.0.9 is wrong, and is a
> regression from an earlier version of darcs.
>
> The behavior has however not been restored in 2.1.0. Instead a
> bug has been introduced that makes the decision logic for when
> to require the --force flag flawed and unreliable, and the
> Issue864 test exposes this bug by showing that the --force flag
> is required when doing the replace on a moved file, but not when
> the file is not moved.

Interesting work!  I really like the red-herring hunt (although I
confess I'm not following darcs stuff very thoroughly this weekend)

Since this is a long-standing regression, and not a recent one, would
you be comfortable with whatever solution we settle on going into the
2009-01 release instead of darcs 2.1.0?  I'm trying to freeze 2.1.0, for
example, by excluding my recent tidying of the test suite.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9