[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add copyright information to .hs files.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Oct 6 17:17:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 15:32:09 +1100, Trent W.Buck wrote:
> Here's a demonstration of an entirely scripted approach to just dump
> copyright information into files based on their darcs metadata.

Quick comment: the script src/list_authors.hs has some code which maps
email addresses in darcs changes (on the darcs repository) to canonical
names.

For example, my loria.fr address, the gmail one and now the
brighton.ac.uk all go to the same Eric Kow.  More usefully, anonymous
addresses like peter at zarquon.se get turned into names.  Perhaps somebody
should wade in to this code.

Maybe we could break it up so that it *only* canonicalises names (it
could then be used in conjunction with darcs show authors).  We could
then ship the template as a tool that other projects could use for
their AUTHORS files.