[darcs-users] problem with --sendmail-command

Ben Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Mon Oct 6 23:12:32 UTC 2008

Ben Franksen wrote:
> Confirmed! See the new issue1128.
>
> This shouldn't be too hard to fix.

...or so I thought. I find the code in Darcs.Command.Send resp
Darcs.Externals.hs very, ahem, hard to understand.

Anyway, I /think/ there is a problem in sendEmailDoc calling execSendmail,
because execSendmail gets a 'fn' argument (last arg) and a /different/
filename (from yet another invocation of withtempFile) via the ftable
(index 'a' which I suppose is connected to the %a replacement), /if/
mbundle is not Nothing. There are all-too-many withTempFile calls there and
I think filenames for all these temp files got badly mixed up somehow...

I am hesitating to try to fix that. I fear I will be creating more bugs than
I could ever resolve :(

Cheers (nevertheless ;)
Ben