[darcs-users] problem with --sendmail-command

Ben Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Mon Oct 6 23:40:38 UTC 2008

Ben Franksen wrote:
>> Confirmed! See the new issue1128.
>>
>> This shouldn't be too hard to fix.
>
> ...or so I thought. I find the code in Darcs.Command.Send resp
> Darcs.Externals.hs very, ahem, hard to understand.
>
> Anyway, I /think/ there is a problem in sendEmailDoc calling execSendmail,
> because execSendmail gets a 'fn' argument (last arg) and a /different/
> filename (from yet another invocation of withtempFile) via the ftable
> (index 'a' which I suppose is connected to the %a replacement), /if/
> mbundle is not Nothing. There are all-too-many withTempFile calls there
> and I think filenames for all these temp files got badly mixed up
> somehow...
>
> I am hesitating to try to fix that. I fear I will be creating more bugs
> than I could ever resolve :(

I promise this is the last last time I am answering my own post. In this
thread, I mean ;)

I wanted to run 'darcs annotate src/Darcs/Externals.lhs'. This was 5 minutes
ago. Darcs is still working hard but am going to kill it now. I know that
this is a known (performance) problem, but I just wanted to say how
unfortunate this is: annotate is very useful, some would say indispensable
(especially if combined with the darcs-reannotate script).

Cheers
Ben