[darcs-users] problem with --sendmail-command

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Oct 6 23:49:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 01:40:38 +0200, Ben Franksen wrote:
> I wanted to run 'darcs annotate src/Darcs/Externals.lhs'. This was 5 minutes
> ago. Darcs is still working hard but am going to kill it now. I know that
> this is a known (performance) problem, but I just wanted to say how
> unfortunate this is: annotate is very useful, some would say indispensable
> (especially if combined with the darcs-reannotate script).

For what it's worth, darcs annotate is one of the things I would like us
to see work on during the upcoming hacking sprint (just 19 more days!).
We still have to work out a proper agenda.  I know network performance
is big on the list, as is some poring over memory consumption.  It would
be awesome if we could rehabilitate darcs annotate.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9