[darcs-users] optimising darcs annotate (was: problem with --sendmail-command)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Oct 7 00:01:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 16:56:05 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> I'm also still wondering what the previously discussed optimization to
> annotate is that David mentioned in this thread:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/darcs-users@darcs.net/msg05822.html
>
> I asked for clarification back in August but no one replied.  Where is this
> well known solution documented?

Thanks for bringing that to the forefront.  I'm sure there is discussion
on this buried in our mail archives somewhere.

Also, I had a chance to speak with David a few weeks ago, and he
sketched out an idea for darcs annotate (sadly, I haven't had time to
transcribe my hand-written notes yet).

As I understand it, the solution consists in building up some sort of
cache that associates filenames to the patches that modify them.  Could
you confirm this, David?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9