[darcs-users] darcs-2 help behavior

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Oct 7 13:20:47 UTC 2008

Trent W. Buck wrote:
> I disagree. Indeed, when ANY command's output exceeds the terminal's
> height, I'd like the output to be implicitly paged.  Until I learn how

As you very well put it ("I'd like"), this is a personal preference, not
necessarily a good user interface design choice. All is fine as long
there is a way to select between your personal preference and mine. All
is not fine however when one choice is enforced and the other is denied,
or one needs hackish workarounds to make it happen.

As I found out since, darcs has a way to configure this using the
DARCS_PAGER environment variable, so I have no need to argue about UI
design choices anymore.

--
Dan