[darcs-users] darcs patch: refactor of SelectChanges (and 1 more)

Florent Becker florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
Tue Oct 7 13:47:50 UTC 2008

This is a resend of my --lazy-deps change, to apply cleanly after dimitry's changes in Arguments.lhs.

The refactor makes SelectChanges a bit slimmer and more generic, and i think it's
worthwhile on its own.

Mon Oct  6 19:13:49 CEST 2008  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
  * refactor of SelectChanges

This patch changes the --no-deps option into a multiple choice option, with another value,
--lazy-deps (for want of a better name, native english speakers, what do you think?
 --implicit-deps?). When this value is passed, tentatively_text_select skips over any
patch which does not match the --match query.

Jason, I think it would solve issue 1056, and maybe a few others (?), what do you think?

Tue Oct  7 15:35:06 CEST 2008  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
  * added a --lazy-deps option
  This option means that you don't get asked about patches which do not match
  a --match, but are depended upon by a patch that does. These patches will get
  silently selected.