[darcs-users] optimising darcs annotate (was: problem with --sendmail-command)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Oct 7 15:06:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 10:59:03 -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> Yes, any sort of mapping between files and patches that modify them
> would do.  It's a simple problem (albeit extremely tedious), so it
> hasn't seemed worth documenting.  Various people have volunteered to
> do it (or one person twice), and I'm pretty certain it's in the bug
> tracker as well.

Also adding to this, I remember on IRC some people worrying that this
might be tricky with file/directory renames, and Taylor R Campbell
pointing out that a conservative estimate would be good enough.

I think that this means is putting into the map any patch which *might*
touch a file, but doesn't necessarily do so.  Anyway, in case anybody
was worried about this being tricky, please keep in mind other simple
options, such as the one I think Taylor suggested.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9