[darcs-users] darcs patch: refactor of SelectChanges (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Oct 7 15:23:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 03:47:50PM +0200, Florent Becker wrote:
> This is a resend of my --lazy-deps change, to apply cleanly after
> dimitry's changes in Arguments.lhs.
>
> The refactor makes SelectChanges a bit slimmer and more generic, and
> i think it's worthwhile on its own.
>
> Mon Oct  6 19:13:49 CEST 2008  Florent Becker <florent.becker at ens-lyon.org>
>   * refactor of SelectChanges

Any chance you'd be willing to resend with your darcs from the
darcs-unstable branch (or darcs-stable, for that matter)? It'd be
really nice to be able to read this patch with context.

In general, I encourage all darcs developers to actually *use* the
darcs that you are developing.  If we aren't willing to use the darcs
that we're developing, why on earth would we expect that anyone else
should try it?

I really don't want to be the only one testing your code.

This does look likely to be a good change, but it's modifying code
that is repetetive enough that it's very hard to see what's going on.
I believe this is code that Jason un-generalized a while back, and I'm
glad to see it getting some attention now...

David