[darcs-users] darcs patch: Allow dist command to take a tag argument (issue 286).

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Oct 7 15:50:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 10:40:30PM -0400, Stephen Hicks wrote:
> Here's another attempt at attaching the patch.  Gmail might not be
> playing nicely, and darcs send silently fails to actually send
> anything.
>
> -steve
>
> Mon Oct  6 03:51:33 EDT 2008  Stephen Hicks <sdh33 at cornell.edu>
>  * Allow dist command to take a tag argument (issue 286).
>  It should probably be a "match_one_context" instead of a "match_one"
>  option type, and then instead of using the "nonranged" matcher, we'd
>  use the "patchset" ones (that don't exist yet).  But I couldn't figure
>  out how to blend "get_nonrange_match" and "get_one_patchset" in any
>  sensical way to get immediate pristine output (and all the more so for
>  the "_s" variants).  So for now, contexts are not supported, but it
>  would be nice if they were someday.

I'm wondering if we would be better of with a simpler patch that
doesn't include the --store-in-memory option? I don't think darcs dist
is such a performance-critical command that we need to give the user
the option of speeding it up at the cost of some memory use.  Unless
you're thinking that with a more flexible dist, it could be used for
perfomance-critical purposes?

David