[darcs-users] darcs patch: resolve issue1128: must call execSendmail inside body ...

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Oct 7 16:49:58 UTC 2008

> Tue Oct  7 13:53:03 CEST 2008  benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
>   * resolve issue1128: must call execSendmail inside body of withOpenTemp

This patch looks good to me.  It does exactly as advertised, and even
remembers to always close the handle (since it's now always opening it).

If David accepts it to unstable, I'm probably willing to let this slip
past the current stable embargo (it being quite straightforward, and
fixing an actual bug)

> BTW: I have sent this with kmail (via a simple shell script). Yay!

By the way, you don't have the nice 'text/x-darcs-patch' MIME (?)
business that tells my mutt it's ok to include the patch in my replies.
Also, you've lost the bundles's filename.  Is that just some script
tweaking on your end to fix?  (depending on how much of a perfectionist
you want to be ;-) )

Also, if you're interested in refactoring the code, my personal
wishlist: I still would like bundles sent by Windows users to have
similar properties (i.e. a nice patch bundle filename and whatever MIME
business it takes for my mail client to understand that I'm actually
just dealing with a text attachement, a darcs patch to boot).
http://bugs.darcs.net/issue921