[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add Patch-salt as ignored prefix

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Oct 8 13:14:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 07:03:49 -0600, zooko wrote:
> There is a way to make this true: define an unambiguous encoding.  For
> example: make it so that darcs always appends the following to the end of
> the patch comment: "Ignore-this-count-of-entries-to-ignore: 1".

That's an interesting proposal, Zooko, but tricky to implement
(especially with darcs being distributed and all), more so right
up to the point of a release.

The best we can offer is to make the string specific enough for anybody
who puts it in their log to deserve what they get.  Alternatively, as
Jason suggests, we could try to put this in the patch format itself, but
the same trickiness in rolling out this change now applies.

Thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9