[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add Patch-salt as ignored prefix

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Oct 8 13:26:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 14:14:17 +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 07:03:49 -0600, zooko wrote:
> > There is a way to make this true: define an unambiguous encoding.  For
> > example: make it so that darcs always appends the following to the end of
> > the patch comment: "Ignore-this-count-of-entries-to-ignore: 1".
>
> That's an interesting proposal, Zooko, but tricky to implement
> (especially with darcs being distributed and all), more so right
> up to the point of a release.

Sorry Zooko, I realise now that I have completely misunderstood your
proposal.  My new understanding is that you want to hard-code the number
of entries darcs knows about so that we always ignore the first N lines
with an Ignore-this-type line in them.  That sounds quite doable indeed
(although maybe the upcoming release is a bit tight for that).

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9