[darcs-users] What's wrong with darcs on Solaris-based buildbots?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Oct 8 18:15:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 19:55:28 +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
> it seems the issue described below in the previous report is still valid
> and happens. So it's not been resolved as I mistakenly reported few days
> ago.

I'm not sure about the 100% CPU, but one problem I notice is that we do
not cope very well with the fact that tests that play with permissions
can fail.  For example, you now cannot fetch darcs, because buildbot
cannot delete the directory it was working it (permissions) because the
test did not complete.

I'm not sure what to do about this.

It would be nice if our test suite had some sort of try/catch/finally
mechanism (I guess that was one advantage of the Perl tests).

Otherwise, we could have the shell_harness recursively chmod u+w the
directory it's working in after running tests (just in case).  Or we
could have a fake test "zzz.sh" which does the same sort of post-test
cleanup.  A fourth option would be to modify buildbot so that it gives
itself permissions to delete the directory.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9