[darcs-users] What's wrong with darcs on Solaris-based buildbots?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Oct 8 20:44:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 21:52:09 +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
> The problem here is that buildbot tries to delete directory with 444
> permissions. That's going to fail on both Solaris and OpenBSD. My
> assumption is that it runs well on Linux, but on Unix you probably need
> writing permission for it. Perhaps test suite might be fixed when
> creating and testing with 444 perms directory to chmod it later to
> writing mode? Or that's my feeling about this issue so far w/o any
> further investigation except looking into the problematic directory.

I've sent a patch to do this cleanup in the test harness.  In the
meantime, it might be useful if you have a look at
  tests/issue595_get_permissions.sh
  ( darcs get http://darcs.net/unstable )
and suggest some reasons why it might be failing

This goes for anybody who knows anything about Solaris.

Thanks!