[darcs-users] What's wrong with darcs on Solaris-based buildbots?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Oct 9 09:29:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 11:19:09 +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
> Ah, now I see darcs does have unstable branch again. BTW: all tests run
> fine on stable branch. Anyway, I'm curious from which branch exactly
> upcoming 2.1.0 is going to be made?

The stable branch.  We are experimenting with a new way of using the
stable branch in which it is the default branch for developers to work
from and submit patches to (they get applied in unstable first, on the
other hand).

Stable acts in three ways

1) Normally, it tries to pull patches from unstable with a relatively
   short delay (one or two days at most) after they have passed the
   buildbots.

2) 'Obvious' patches (to the test suite, documentation) are
   'fast-tracked' to stable for quick turn-around.

3) Coming up to a release, the flow patches into stable is throttled
   with fewer and fewer patches being accepted at each increasing
   pre-release.  The idea is that we start cooling stable down
   eventually freezing it by the last pre-release.