[darcs-users] darcs patch: Help the test harness clean to up after ... (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Oct 9 09:54:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 07:45:26PM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> Wed Oct  8 20:03:40 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
>   * Help the test harness clean to up after tests.
>   A typical use case is if a test sets restrictive permissions
>   and dies.  Notes:
>   * we do this after each test so that one test result doesn't
>     contaminate others
>   * we explicitly do /not/ remove these temporary directories
>     because you may want them around for forensics

Looks all right.  It'll make forensics a little tougher, but I suppose
that's no very bad.  Although maybe we could instead put this feature into
make clean, and tell buildbot to make clean after running the tests?

> Wed Oct  8 20:21:42 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
>   * Fix spurious diff and missing cd in diff test.
>
>   If tests are run in parallel, each instance of the diff test may
>   attempt to create temporary directories for use by darcs diff.
>   Darcs itself handles this fine; only the test script gets confused
>   by the spurious difference that results.

This sounds to me like a workaround for a bug in darcs.  Do you really
think it's appropriate to give spurious results?

David