[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add copyright information to .hs files.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Oct 10 01:09:13 UTC 2008

David Roundy writes:

 > Except, of course, that as Trent mentioned, the copyright
 > statements *don't* let users know who they need to contact for a
 > license exception for their code.  So unless they are scrupulously
 > maintained, they're deceptive.

Why do I find it scary that the maintainer of a VCS is arguing that
less information is better?

So, you're being obtuse.  The notices deceive only those who deceive
themselves.  The rest say "thank you", hand the list from the file to
a non-technical secretary to get busy on making contacts and to check
the reputation of the maintainers for scrupulousness, and the code to
a technical person to start trying to track down repos and the like to
get a sufficiently complete list.