[darcs-users] darcs patch: make make_changelog default to quiet output.

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Fri Oct 10 02:04:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 16:36:00 -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> > Thu Oct  9 16:33:22 EDT 2008  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
> >   * make make_changelog default to quiet output.
> >   You can restore previous behavior by defining the VERBOSE environment
> >   variable.
>
> Heh... I've been secretly hoping the annoyance would drive people to
> write ChangeLog entries, but that obviously isn't working.  Oh well :-)

I've only noticed two things in the build system that are grossly verbose,
the test suite and latex.  The former I'm okay with and I like to see it,
but latex complains so much about pngs being missing and other inane garbage
:) (the missing pngs are actually from the conversion to html near as I can
tell.  I pretty much never want to build the manual, but the default
configure includes it...and I'm lazy.)

Jason