[darcs-users] test suite failures on OpenBSD

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Oct 10 14:24:08 UTC 2008

Hi Matthias (and OpenBSD/Solaris users),

I was translating a bunch of Perl tests into shell, but made some portability
related errors in the process.  Perhaps you could comment on what my mistakes
were what the possible solutions might be?  Perhaps we should just use Perl
as a sort of portable grep in these tests?

The following tests fail under OpenBSD and Solaris:
  pull_many_files.sh
  printer.sh
  issue595_get_permissions.sh

Details:
 * http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/karel%20openbsd%20OpenBSD-4.3%20i386/builds/55/steps/>
 * http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/karel%20solaris%20Solaris-5.11%20nevada-79a%20x86_64/>

Note that these tests are still in the unstable branch, and not stable,
so darcs get http://darcs.net/unstable if you would like to hack on them.

Thanks!