[darcs-users] What's wrong with darcs on Solaris-based buildbots?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Oct 10 18:25:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 21:52:09 +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
> The problem here is that buildbot tries to delete directory with 444
> permissions. That's going to fail on both Solaris and OpenBSD. My
> assumption is that it runs well on Linux, but on Unix you probably need
> writing permission for it. Perhaps test suite might be fixed when
> creating and testing with 444 perms directory to chmod it later to
> writing mode? Or that's my feeling about this issue so far w/o any
> further investigation except looking into the problematic directory.

I've made a small patch to the test harness so that it tries to clean up
after itself (by chmod'ing any tmp directories).

Could you help the buildbots again by giving yourself write permissions
to this directory and removing it?

Karel:
  /buildbot/workspace/karel solaris/build/tests-old-fashioned.dir/tmp_restrictive

Zooko:
  /home/darcslav/darcslav_dir/zooko nooxie/build/tests-old-fashioned.dir/tmp_restrictive

Thanks! (hopefully this means the build slaves will be working again,
although the tests will still fail)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9