[darcs-users] darcs patch: fix wrong ../path in failing issue1013 test

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 07:03:30 UTC 2008

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> writes:

>> Similarly, I use this to push all patches that don't introduce a
>> conflict (from memory):
>>
>>     x=yd
>>     while while echo $x | darcs push; do :; done
>>     do x=n$x
>>     done
>
> Woah, that's scary. I have no idea what that does. But I like your style. :)

First of all, you need to realize that

    echo xyz | darcs foo

is like running "darcs foo" and then typing x, y and z at the prompts.

Now, the script above does this:

    echo yd | darcs push

until darcs fails -- which will happen when push introduces conflicts
(or if there's nothing to push, unfortunately).  Then, it'll add "n" to
the front and loop again, i.e.

    echo nyd | darcs push

What this effectively means is that it'll skip over patches that it
"knows" introduce conflicts (by saying no to them).