[darcs-users] Licensing and copyright fun.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Oct 11 07:38:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 17:57:29 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> Unfortunately, release/openssl_ok indicates that correspondents were
> agreeing to exceptions, but not an actual license!  I think this means
> we need to talk to everyone who has worked on Darcs so far, and get them
> to agree to license their work under the terms of GPL-2 or higher, with
> the exceptions mentioned in release/openssl_ok.

Oh boy! Is there any chance we can leave the super-yes people alone,
i.e. people who say something to the effect of "I am willing to let the
community or at least David Roundy" decide?

If we are going to do something like this, we should try to make it
a lot easier on oursleves in the future and request (those who are
willing) to assign copyright or whatever it takes to make reduce the
paperwork.

> Eric, would you like to schedule a meeting to discuss this in IRC?  I'm
> in the +1100 timezone at the moment, and I'm available all weekend.

I will be travelling until Thursday.  I expect to be online and doing
some darcs stuff, but there may be some disruptions, at least over the
weekend.  Sorry for that!  Perhaps next weekend?