[darcs-users] [issue1141] darcs patch: Copyright and licensing notes and rationales.

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 12:53:05 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:15:13PM -0000, David Roundy wrote:
> [...] And in the future, I'd prefer if you didn't copy
> bugs at darcs.net on patches.

Hmm, my intent was to (ab)use the issue tracker as a patch tracker, so
people who are interested in a few patches -- but not general
discussion -- can track the status of those patches.

In particular, I expect it to be useful for patches that are
*rejected*, because they stay visible in the issue list instead of
vanishing into the list archive.  It means that the rationale stays
visible next time someone reinvents the same patch, avoiding the need
to rewrite the same rationale again when rejecting the new patch.

Is there some better way to handle these use cases?  AIUI there
currently isn't a dedicated patch tracker separate from the issue
tracker.