[darcs-users] [issue1143] darcs changes --xml is not consistently encoded

Reinier Lamers bugs at darcs.net
Sat Oct 11 21:04:14 UTC 2008

Reinier Lamers <tux_rocker at reinier.de> added the comment:

Perhaps we can put a declaration in the XML that the encoding is iso-8859-1 (aka
latin1)? There is no such thing as invalid iso-8859-1, and most data in
ASCII-based encoding will look reasonable in iso-8859-1.

I believe I read in a mailing list thread that darcs can't use a consistent
encoding for metadata, because it uses the metadata for hashing precisely
(bit-by-bit) as it got it from the operating system.

nosy: +tux_rocker
priority:  -> bug
status: unread -> chatting