[darcs-users] Licensing and copyright fun.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Oct 14 07:18:44 UTC 2008

Trent W. Buck writes:

 > Copyright assignment is certainly something to look into; it has other
 > benefits along with merely making licensing issues easier.  But I
 > think it would result in MORE, PHYSICAL paperwork -- at least in the
 > short term.

There's no legal requirement of physical paperwork for this.  It might
be an interesting exercise to set up an "assignment server" that
accepts digitally signed assignments.  (I'm not interested, as for me
it's purely theoretical; important parts of the code in my own project
are owned by the FSF, and equally important parts are owned by folks
who dislike the FSF, uh, "a lot".)