[darcs-users] What's wrong with darcs on Solaris-based buildbots?

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Tue Oct 14 08:02:19 UTC 2008

Hi Eric,

great! Thanks for this nice work to everybody involved and sorry for not
supporting you by patches.

Yes, zooko's grep is probably GNU grep (he is running Nexenta, ie.
Solaris kernel + GNU binaries). Mine grep is Sun's grep, since I'm
running SXDE 1/08. If you would like to use GNU grep on my system, you
need to use ggrep, see:

karel at silence:~$ grep
Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .
karel at silence:~$ ggrep
Usage: ggrep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `ggrep --help' for more information.
karel at silence:~$ ggrep --version
grep (GNU grep) 2.5

Copyright 1988, 1992-1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Thanks!
Karel