[darcs-users] darcs patch: Use fgrep in printer.sh test (more portable than grep -F)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Oct 14 14:55:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 06:52:14AM -0700, Eric Kow wrote:
> A wild guess for Solaris test portability
>
> Tue Oct 14 14:51:38 BST 2008  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
>   * Use fgrep in printer.sh test (more portable than grep -F)

Maybe this would be a good spot to use a helper function written in
Haskell? I'm thinking that when we struggle with unportable functions
(e.g. pwd), the solution of writing a portable alternative is may be
best.  The only downside is that it makes it harder to copy and paste
from the test into a shell.

Applied.

David