[darcs-users] darcs patch: remove --run-posthook and --run-prehook flags (and --p...

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Tue Oct 14 17:32:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 01:09:55PM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> Here's an amended refactor of my previous pre/post-hook change.  I'm
> still hoping for comments from someone other than Jason.  Not that I
> don't appreciate Jason's comments, but given that we disagree it seems
> like a good idea to get more feedback from *someone*.

I have to admit that I have been bitten by not always remembering to
set a run-posthook.  If I specify a posthook, I expect it to run.

I remember, also, being pleasantly surprised by the availability of
prompt-posthook.  If there is some command that I sometimes want to
run, but often not, it adds a nice interactive nature to the posthook.
I do not have to remember to supply a no-posthook on the command-line,
instead I am prompted.

I would recommend making run-posthook the default, or eliminating it.

I would recommend keeping prompt-posthook as an option.

-kolibrie