[darcs-users] What's wrong with darcs on Solaris-based buildbots?

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Tue Oct 14 22:17:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:02:19AM +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
> Yes, zooko's grep is probably GNU grep (he is running Nexenta, ie.
> Solaris kernel + GNU binaries). Mine grep is Sun's grep, since I'm
> running SXDE 1/08.

I don't have access to any solaris machine (and didn't for many
years now), but IIRC there may be some more standards compliant
tools in /usr/xpg4. Could you check wether there's a "smarter" grep
and wether the tests run better when you've /usr/xpg4 (or /usr/xpg4/bin,
I really don't remember the exact location) in your PATH before
/bin and /usr/bin?

An alternative would be to try fgrep instead of grep -F (if fgrep
is available on your system).

> If you would like to use GNU grep on my system, you
> need to use ggrep, see:[...]

That would fix the problem, but it would be much nicer to repair
the tests by adjusting the PATH (if this is possible).

Ciao,
	Kili