[darcs-users] enfranchising darcs?

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Thu Oct 16 19:27:12 UTC 2008

Eric Kow wrote:
>> The biggest benefit of the switch is that it will make it far easier
>> to compile darcs for windows.  In fact, it's easy enough that I can
>> now compile a windows binary using wine on my ubuntu machine.  Being
>> able to build darcs without involving autoconf (or GNU make) is a very
>> good thing.
>
> Sounds good.  Anybody on Windows tried this yet?  It's still in
> http://darcs.net/unstable at the moment

I'm very curious to try it, and if I get a free moment I might attempt
it on my Vista desktop, upon which I refuse to install cygwin, and see
how much builds.  (I have never liked cygwin, to be honest.)

Down with autotools, I say!  (As both a Windows and an Ubuntu user.)

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net