[darcs-users] Professional darcs server

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Fri Oct 17 09:07:07 UTC 2008

Eric Kow wrote:
  > So, I can tihnk of three pieces of software that we would need
>
> 1. basic hosting: managing new project and new user requests
> 2. forge: repository browsing, issue tracking, etc
> 3. social code: nice cross-project integration
>
>> On the other hand, it might be better to make use of existing repository
>> browsers like Trac+darcs or Darcsweb...  I've been working on my own
>> open source repository hosting software for years ("Darcsforge" [1])
>> which is planned to be nearly a full stack for darcs repository hosting;
>> only it's not finished yet or really ready for prime time, but its open
>> source and I'd appreciate anyone interested in contributing (it's
>> Python, so a bit "easier" than Haskell).
>> Documentation:
>> http://repos.worldmaker.net/darcsforge/main/docs/.build/html/index.html
>
> When you say a full stack, do you mean going all the way from #1 to #3?

Yes, that's always been my plan...  so far mostly bits of #2 and #3 are
implemented, but there are stubs for #1 and plans/proposals/ideas for
just about everything else...  I keep meaning to write down more of my
plans and ideas, but I don't feel pressured to do so because thus far
the only contributor to the project is me.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net