[darcs-users] Professional darcs server

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri Oct 17 13:11:11 UTC 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 2:31 AM, Eric Kow wrote:

> If not, we could adapt the instructions from
>    http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/TracOnDarcs
> along with the helper scripts on
>    http://trac.loria.fr/projects/admindt

I am in the habit of setting up a trac+darcs server whenever I want
to show someone else source code.  Then I send them a URL to the
resulting source code browser.  Here are the ones that I currently
maintain:

http://allmydata.org/trac

To set up a new one, I go through a manual but mechanistic process of
copying an old one and replacing the project name and the path to the
darcs repository.

I've also recently gotten familiar with hooking these up to notify
http://cia.vc whenever new patches are committed.

Also, these have both old-fashioned-format and hashed-format
repositories and have posthooks to push patches back and forth
between the two repositories.

http://allmydata.org/source

I don't know if those instructions on the darcs wiki on "TracOnDarcs"
are any use.  They start at way too low of a level -- something like
how to install Debian on your computer -- and they are very old.
Modern Trac is probably different (and easier) to set up.

Regards,

Zooko
---
http://allmydata.org -- Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem