[darcs-users] enfranchising darcs?

J. Garrett Morris jgmorris at cecs.pdx.edu
Fri Oct 17 14:25:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:
> * I personally do not consider wine to be windows and I do not consider
> testing on wine to be an acceptable substitute for testing real software for
> windows compatibility.

For what it's worth, the Franchise build works amazingly smoothly on
XP SP3 32-bit.  I don't have the proper collection of tools to run the
test suite though, so if something's going subtly wrong I wouldn't
know it.  I also haven't tried building against libcurl yet.

I'm still attempting to get a Vista 64-bit (although building darcs in
a 32-bit environment because of a lack of 64-bit Windows support from
GHC) build working, but it's not Franchise's/Darcs's fault.  I'll
report back when it's working.  Right now, my biggest issue is that I
needed to upgrade GHC from 6.8.3 to avoid crashes, and 6.10 seems
(this is totally unscientific) to be using way more memory - has
anyone else seen anything like either of these issues?

 /g

--
I am in here