[darcs-users] Push fails because apply fails; conflicts; how to resolve?

Alistair Bayley alistair at abayley.org
Fri Oct 17 15:36:54 UTC 2008

I published a (temporary) branch of code I was working on so that
someone else could try a couple of fixes. I've made some more changes
to my local copy, but when I try to push those changes back up to the
published repo, I get complaints about a bunch of conflicts.

This is the repo I published:
  http://code.haskell.org/~abayley/code/takusen-outparm/src/

and I'm trying to push some more changes from my laptop, with no joy.

The manual entry for send has this advice:
"... when there are conflicts on push, darcs will fail with an error
message. You can then resolve by pulling the conflicting patch,
recording a resolution and then pushing the resolution together with
the conflicting patch."

However, darcs pull gets no changes to pull in, so I'm a bit stuck.
What's the best workflow for finding where the conflicts are and
resolving them?

Alistair