[darcs-users] Fwd: GHC 6.10 compatibility patches

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:36:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:32 PM, J. Garrett Morris
<jgmorris at cecs.pdx.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:30 AM, David Roundy <daveroundy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So the right solution would be to use a proper import that limits
>> itself to the functions we want from that module.
>>
>> If you'd like to do this, that would be great, otherwise I'll do it
>> when I have time.  The basic procedure is to change the import
>> statement to
>
> I will do this - however, since it seems to be a change introduced in
> GHC 6.10, should by changes be #ifdef'd?

No, the reason for making this particular change is that it won't need
to be #ifdef'ed.  We'd need to #ifdef it if we were to write

import System.Process hiding ( system )

but because we focus on the part of the API that hasn't changed, we're
portable with

import System.Process ( runProcess, ... )

David