[darcs-users] enfranchising darcs?

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 20:17:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, David Roundy wrote:
>> Cabalization of darcs is like debianization of darcs or rpmization of
>> darcs.  It's  a good idea, but should be independent of darcs' build
>> system.
>
> Could franchise's script be renamed from setup.hs to something else, to
> avoid colliding with the name used by cabal?

We could certainly rename the script, but since it strives to match
the interface specified by cabal.  Perhaps I should rename it to
Setup.hs instead? Honestly, I only made it lowercase because I don't
like typing capital letters... (harder on the wrists).  Naming the
franchise script Setup.hs ought to make cabalization almost trivial,
for one definition of cabalization...

David